Writing the Unexpected Stories of Life and Love

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

Monday, December 16, 2019

Come and See What God has done

This year has been a roller coaster of ups and rapid descents down, but one thing has remained. My faith in our Lord and Savior, Jesus. As we enter the end of 2019, I want to spend the rest of it focusing on what God has blessed me with rather than looking back at the disappointments.

Come and see what God has done.

  1. An acquisitions editor saw promise in my novel and offered me a contract.
  2. My contract fell through, but now I'm indie publishing the novel, and I'm so excited to tell the story the way God placed it on my heart. (It's up for preorder if you are interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082S5HDQ9/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0)
  3. My oldest daughter received a few big roles in her high school plays and was given a large solo at her fall choir concert.
  4. My son is excelling in high school after spending several years homeschooled. He was the soccer manager this fall and received a role in the school play.
  5. My middle daughter made it on her school cheer squad and received two big roles in her school plays.
  6. My youngest daughter turned five in February. It's just not right!  😉 She's had a fantastic year of kindergarten and is learning so much.
  7. My oldest daughter and I have enjoyed seeing several Broadway shows locally including her two favorites, Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen. Our dear friend, Teresa Tysinger's husband was the stage manager for Hamilton and got us back stage. It was a dream come true for her. 
  8. My husband has had an amazing year serving on the worship team at our church. I love watching him use his talents. 
  9. My preschool moved into Silver Street United Methodist church and it has been such a blessing. The children are such sweet kiddos and the families are amazing people.
  10. I've been reminded this Christmas season that nothing matters with out the birth of Savior Jesus Christ. He is the reason my life is blessed. 
I pray you remember what God has done and your find the blessings that this year has brought. Please enjoy the song and video as your reflect on what Christmas is all about.

Noel by Chris Tomlin ft. Lauren Daigle Nativity Story

No comments:

Post a Comment